By Tirza at Better Breast Health – for Life!™
Much of the non-organic food you eat is treated with Roundup. It’s killing bees.
Do you think it’s any safer for you to eat?
Roundup is the most globally used pesticide. In 2015, the International Agency for Research on Cancer declared it a probable human carcinogen and deadly to bees pollinating the fields.
While countries around the world have banned Roundup, the United States has not.
Keep in mind that the glyphosate in Roundup is only one of the hundreds of harmful food substances you may consume every day.
How do we protect ourselves from food toxins?
Are you ready to eliminate deadly pesticides, antibiotics, growth hormones, and genetically modified organisms allowed in your food and water?
Eat organic and drink pure water!
The first step in going organic is to be familiar with what “organic” means.
Organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides, fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge, bioengineering, or ionizing radiation.
Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals not given antibiotics or growth hormones.
One: Read Labels to Reduce Harmful Chemicals in Food
- “Organic” means the product comes from at least 95% organic ingredients.
- “100% Organic” means all the ingredients are organic.
- “Made with Organic” means at least 70% of the ingredients are certified organic ingredients.
- “Natural” is NOT organic. In general, it means no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives are used in the ingredients. The ingredients, however, can be grown with toxic chemicals.
Organic labeling standards are verified by a USDA-accredited certifying agent. For more details on food labeling, read “Food Labels Explained” at farmaid.org/food-labels-explained/
Two: Cut Toxic Chemicals in Half with Organic Produce
The USDA recommends nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day—about half of your food servings.
The phytonutrients in fresh produce are essential to your good health. But the bioaccumulation of pesticides, fertilizers, and genetically modified organisms contributes to disease.
How do you source the healthiest produce?
Buy a wide variety of organic fruits and vegetables whenever you can, and be aware that not all fruits and vegetables are equally toxic.
To better navigate your grocery aisle, learn about “The Dirty Dozen” list of non-organic fruits and vegetables to avoid and the safer “Clean 15” at ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php
Studies at the Mayor Clinic found organic produce contains:
- Increased nutrients.
- Increased antioxidants.
- Reduced toxic metals.
- Reduced pesticides.
Three: Reduce Toxic Chemicals with Organic Proteins
Non-organic meat and dairy products have two ingredients you don’t need—antibiotics and growth hormones. Over time, the bioaccumulation of these toxins can lead to:
- Antibiotic resistance.
- Upset gut microbiome and negatively impact immunity.
- Excess estrogenic effects contributing to abnormal tissue growth, including cancers.
Eat heart-healthy protein.
Organic meat, dairy products, and eggs result in generally higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids, making them more heart-healthy than other fats.
A 2016 study in the British Journal of Nutrition found organic proteins can have up to 50% more omega-3 fatty acids.
Four: Cook Organic Food with Toxic Free Organic Oils
Your body needs dietary fat for energy, cell growth, digestion, vitamin absorption, and essential hormone production. Fats from organic olive oil and butter can reduce breast cancer risk because they contain some of the phytochemicals that stop breast cancer initiation and progress.
What to know about cooking oils:
- Select organic, cold-pressed oils such as extra-virgin olive oil in containers that reduce sun exposure and heat to preserve fatty acids.
- Avoid using excess heat, which can destroy essential fatty acids and create damaging free radicals.
- Charred foods are cancer-causing. Avoid blackened dishes.
From salad dressing to stir fry oils, read “How to Choose the Healthiest Oils to Cook With” at onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/how-to-choose-the-healthiest-oils-to-cook-with/
Five: Drink From the Earth – Not the Toxic Tap
Pure water is essential for life and is free of toxic metals and chemical contaminants detrimental to your health.
Chemicals in your drinking water can lead to:
- Skin discoloration.
- Nervous system conditions.
- Organ damage.
- Developmental delays.
- Negative reproductive effects.
Pure or filtered water, versus tap water, is best. Pure water can be sourced from artesian wells or springs without added ingredients, outside of antimicrobial agents.
While our Colorado mountain-supplied tap water s chlorinated to purify and kill microbes, some municipalities in the United States recycle water.
What about all the industrial chemicals and prescription drugs flushed into the water system? According to Harvard Health, sewage treatment plants and water treatment facilities are not currently designed to remove pharmaceuticals from water.
Water, water everywhere, but which one is safe to drink?
- Reverse osmosis is very effective for filteringheavy metals, uranium, chlorine, and fluoride. Reverse osmosis effectively filters dissolved inorganic solids (such as salts), heavy metals, uranium, chlorine, and fluoride. Colorado’s Eldorado Springs is one of the purest waters in the world. Eldorado water has been tested to be some of the purest and best tasting spring water in the US.
- Steam distilled water is pure, but some experts believe that it should not be consumed for prolonged periods since it leaches minerals from the body, contributing to reduced bone density among many other mineral-deficient disease states.
- Active charcoal carbon filters remove chlorine, sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), taste, and water odor. They are not effective at removing minerals, salts, and dissolved inorganic compounds.
- Multi-stage home water filtration systems can be expensive and difficult to relocate when their owners move. Consider Enviro Products Shower Filter Cartridges to remove chlorine and purify tap water before it hits your skin in the shower. After all, our skin is the body’s largest organ. Consider their 10-stage water filter under the kitchen sink to purify tap water.
And remember, water storage is also an important health consideration. Excess sun and heat can cause harmful chemicals in plastic water bottles’ walls to migrate into the water. While the thicker and harder plastic bottles reduce this risk, using sterilized glass or stainless steel containers eliminates this risk.
Going Organic Can Reduce Toxins by 80%
At first, when you choose organic foods and pure water over the convenience of non-organic products and tap water, the change may seem overwhelming.
Is it worth it?
The benefits of going organic are potentially life-saving since your efforts will reduce your chemical exposure by 80%.
Plus, organic foods are the most heavily regulated food system in the United States. Only organic guarantees no toxic pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, or GMOs and no antibiotics or growth hormones in livestock.
Our mission at The Thermogram Center, Inc. is preventive education. Environmental causes of human cancer are manageable. However, the public remains unaware of the many common environmental carcinogens and the actions necessary to mitigate their risk. We hope to be a reliable source of information to help you protect you and your family from the hazardous chemicals in the air, water, food, and products threatening your well being.
by Tirza Derflinger
This information is for educational purposes only and does not diagnose, treat or cure health conditions. It is not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner when seeking medical advice. Copyright © 2021 The Thermogram Center, Inc. All rights reserved.